Content

Sunday 20 April 2014

Sunset Sail on the Waikiki Rigger - Hawaii, USA

Want to do something special while you are in Hawaii? Well the sunset sail on the Waikiki Rigger is just that. 

The catamaran leaves shore at the Historic Kawehewehe Beach (Gray's Beach) which is located just past Outrigger Reef on the Beach and Halekulani. The sunset sail departs everyday from this location. Onboard your drinks are included and range from the delicious 'rigger cocktail' to beer and wine. I absolutely love the rules on this cat - when you would like another drink you simply place your cup on your head!

I'm slightly terrified of boats so when I turned up I felt too scared to set sail. However the staff were so incredibly friendly and encouraging that I decided to just go for it. I'm so glad I did because I had the most wonderful experience. I felt truly spoilt on this afternoon - family, drinks, sailing, making friends and the view! 

The sunset is magnificent. The photo below is beautiful but it doesn't compare to the buzzing atmosphere and incredible sight in real life. The sun reflects on the many buildings back on shore in Waikiki. Make sure to turn back and get a glimpse of this too!
 

I'd like to thank the boys at Waikiki Rigger for giving my family a wonderful afternoon and a birthday my dad will never forget!

The sunset cruise departs at 5pm daily and costs $40USD for adults and $30USD for children. For more information such as availability, a map and other tours their website is extremely helpful:
http://www.waikikibeachsailing.com/

Where is your favourite place to set sail? I would love to know.

kirsten



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sydney, Australia
TWENTY TWO
SECOND GAP YEAR

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Destinations

Translate

Search This Blog